I hope this headline got your attention. The good news is that I am not dying. Have you ever thought about how you want to die? I have not given it lots of thought, but I got the idea for this blog by thinking about how I WOULDN’T want to die.
There are the obvious choices, such as from a bloody car accident, or an airplane crash. Those are situations where you do not have any control over your fate. My thought in writing this article is to discuss what you CAN control.
What control do you have in your life about how you’ll die? Well, here’s one way that I’m NOT going to die: Death by Medicine!
Did you know that:
- Taking sleeping pills has been linked with over a 50% chance of getting Alzheimer’s disease? YES, that’s right! I don’t want those odds!
- The British Medical Journal found that past use of benzodiazepines was associated with a 51 per cent increased risk to Alzheimer’s disease. The link was stronger with longer exposure to the drugs or use of long-acting versions of the medicines.1
- Prescription Drugs Kill Over 100,000 People Each Year?
- According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, two-hundred and ninety people in the United States are killed by prescription drugs every day.2 If my math is right, that’s over 105,000 people killed every year by prescription drugs!
- All of this makes “Death by Medicine” the 3rd leading killer in this country, behind heart disease and cancer.
So, how would you like to die? Personally, I’d like to come back from a hike when I’m 95, have a healthy meal, lie down for a nap, and it’s lights out. But then again, I really don’t have a choice, or do I?
Make your health choices wisely. Before you do, answer these four questions:
- What is your greatest asset?
- What is health?
- What controls your health?
- Now that you know what controls health, how can you maximize yours?
By the way, if you do not know the answer to any of these questions, the answers are right here!
- Your greatest asset is your HEALTH
- Health is defined as a state of physical mental, and social well being, not just the absence of sickness and disease. Basically, health is “how you function”
- Your Nervous System, your brain, spinal cord, and spinal nerves, controls EVERYTHING that happens in your body.
- The BEST way to maximize your Nervous System function, and protect your greatest asset, is to commit to a consistent chiropractic plan
2 Starfield, B. (2000). The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) Vol 284, No 4. Johns HopkinsSCHOOL of Hygiene and Public Health.