The New Year is always a good time to take stock of what’s working and what’s not working relative to your life. Personally, this last year has been the most challenging as well as the most rewarding one I can remember in a long time.
It seemed that so many more people came to my practice with severe health problems. Sure, most of the problems I see are neck, shoulder, and low back, but many people were tackling much more severe issues. It was the most rewarding year because I saw first hand how your body CAN heal itself, provided it receives the proper assistance.
As this year begins to unfold, I would like to add my own two cents to the overload of information you undoubtedly receive to stay healthy.
If there is one little nugget you can add to your health regime, then it was worth your time reading this.
My wish for you this year is for you to be the best you can be physically, emotionally, mentally as well as spiritually. After all, IF YOUR DON’T HAVE YOUR HEALTH, WHAT DO YOU REALLY HAVE?
- Continue with your Network chiropractic care
- My experience over the last 16 years is that SOME care is MUCH better than NO care.
- If you are not currently on an active care plan, make a commitment to get adjusted once a week, once every other week, what best fits in your time, energy and money container.
- It’s easier to MAINTAIN good health than it is to REGAIN it.
- Why would you want to go back to the way things were, when you have spent so much time, energy and money improving your health?
- Study after study promotes the benefit of exercise for the improvement of overall health.
- If exercise is not part of your program, start slow; be patient and realistic for your goals.
- If you are a member of a health club, spend the money and get at least 1 session with a personal trainer. If nothing else, you will learn how to best use the equipment they offer.
- Brain shutting down? Ideas for almost free exercise – walk, hike, bike, stretch, dance, yoga
- Eating right
- So many options, can be so confusing
- Keep it simple
- Green vegetables, salads, fruits, whole grains like rice, millet, amaranth and quinoa, beans. Alkaline, alkaline, alkaline!
- Get a rice cooker – I got one a few years ago for less than $30 and making rice is a breeze!
- Drinks – water, water, water, Remember, we are 70% water; therefore 70% of what you put in your mouth should be water.
- Eat more early in the day, less later in the day. Cut your eating off at a specified time, like 7 or 8 pm. If you work late, and don’t get home until then, don’t sweat it. Just eat a light dinner.
- Outside distractions
- Stop watching the news altogether, if or you are very attached to that, just stop watching it before you go to bed!
- One of the best decisions in my life.
- You will be amazed at how much more sound and rich your sleep is.
- What are you really missing anyway?
- Go to sleep with positive feelings, by reading humor or personal growth books
- How you see yourself
- Do you see yourself as happy? If yes, do you imagine yourself with a smile on your face? Why not?
- If you see yourself as unhappy, what would it take to look happy?
- If you were to ask others how they see you, what would they say?
- “I see John as angry.” Would that make you want you want to change the way others see you?
- I know I am simplifying things greatly, but studies show that it takes more facial muscles to frown than to smile.
- Do something DIFFERENT
- Do something for others – volunteer, give back, do others less fortunate a favor – bottom line, feel good about yourself!
- Meditate in the morning, eat breakfast with the other hand, brush you bottom teeth first, drive a different way to work, just mix things up!
How can I help? Please let me know.
I look forward to helping you enjoy the best year of your life.